Drive Retirement Plan Success
Research shows financial professionals drive better results
Your organization’s retirement plan is a big investment — of both money and time. Are you getting the most out of it?
If you’re not working with a financial professional, your plan could suffer. A Retirement Advisor Council study1 of 400 retirement plan sponsors across the country shows that financial professionals can have a big impact on plan success.
The study reveals the use of a financial professional leads to:
- Higher deferral rates
- More effective plan design
- Greater use of compliance-savvy procedures
- Best-in-class investment arrays
- Significantly higher retirement readiness among participants
Which type of financial professional is best for your plan?
Financial professionals aren’t one-size-fits-all. They range from retirement plan specialists to broad-based benefit advisors. Which type is best for you depends on the goals for your plan and whether or not your organization needs expertise in other kinds of benefits. Broad-based benefit advisors and retirement plan specialists team with service providers to provide you with resources and plan design expertise.
1. About the Retirement Advisor Council Survey: The survey, entitled “Value of a Professional Retirement Plan Advisor, “ was administered by EACH Enterprise, LLC, between September 11 and September 24, 2013, to 407 plan sponsors meeting the following criteria:
- 401(k) or 403(b) in the private sector
- 100 employees or more and plan assets between $5 million and $500 million
- Representative was head of the retirement plan committee or named fiduciary
The survey was sponsored by the seven member firms of the Retirement Advisory Council: The Principal Financial Group ®, Fidelity Investments, Franklin Templeton Investments, John Hancock Investments, MFS Investment Management, MassMutual and Transamerica Retirement Solutions.